Thursday, January 18, 2018

Dr. John: House Of Blues Radio Hour

Back in my younger days, I spent a lot of time and cassettes taping segments of radio shows that I thought I might want to listen to again. This is back in the pre-internet world and, basically, if you missed the show when it ran, you probably would not hear it again. After I started working as a small town radio dj, I had access to a lot of syndicated radio programs and I taped quite a few interesting shows.

I recently began transferring the shows from cassette to my computer and here is one of my favorites. It is an interview with Dr. John on Dan Akroyd’s House Of Blues Radio Hour. It is only thirty minutes but it is well worth listening to. It is from around 1998, about the time Blues Brothers 2000 was hitting movie theatres. Sorry for the subpar audio, but the cassette had been lying in a cardboard box for 19 years or so. Listen to the show HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment