Friday, March 27, 2015

Casey's One Man Rock N Roll Band, Springfield, Illinois

My oldest son Zack and I roadtripped from Ohio to Springfield, Illinois a few weeks back.  I was invited to perform at the first annual One Man Band Bonanza, a festival of...well..uhh....one man bands.(What else?)



I performed on day two of the event at The Black Sheep Cafe along with Ghostwriter (San Antonio), Roboman (Madison, Wisconsin) and Springfield's own Evan Mitchell (who was also the organizer and promoter of the event).Folk, punk, surf and roots music were all well represented that night.




We also experienced the joy of driving through the beautiful late winter midwestern landscape which featured topography as flat as a pool table, yellow grass, leafless trees and lots of gas stations and fast food joints. (Along with a couple of Muffler Men)
Zack & Abe (Springfield, Illinois)
Lauterbach Tire Muffler Man  (Springfield, Illinois)
(If you are are unfamiliar with the Muffler Man phenomenon, check out the Roadside America Website for details.)

The Colonel & Me

I also had the pleasure of running into the legendary Colonel Sanders at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Brownsburg, Indiana. Although he looked a bit immobile and pale, all and all, I'd say he is doing well for a man well over 120 years old. We only chatted for a moment, but he took the time to apologize for the toll his food has taken on my arteries and also to casually drop the secret ingredients in his famous recipe. (Sorry, I swore I would never tell.)

Thanks to Evan Mitchell and The Black Sheep Cafe for putting on the event. Looking forward to next year.

Casey's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment