Friday, June 25, 2021

Rust Never Sleeps or Neil’s Upsetting Haircut



It was forty-two years ago this week that Neil Young released Rust Never Sleeps. I saw the movie at a Midnight showing in the early 1980s with some high school friends. We were jacked up on Genesse Cream Ale.

The movie was great but I remember being disappointed that Neil had cut off his long hair. At the time, I wanted long hair in the worst way. But, being a Catholic school kid, we couldn’t have long hair because Jesus was against it.

I remember finding this confusing because there were pictures of Jesus all over school and he looked like a Deadhead. He also had blonde hair and blue eyes but was supposedly born in the Middle East. Needless to say, this was a confusing time for me.

Despite Neil’s haircut, it’s a good movie. Check it out.

Casey’s Website


No comments:

Post a Comment